Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Im so thankful for so much in my life!  A wonderful husband, 3 beautiful children, a fabulous extended family that is suppotive, loving and kind, a job I can go to when I need/want to, great friends, and roof over my head.  God has truley blessed me with so much. 

Today the O'Sullivan's are coming to spend Thanksgiving with us.  Last year Abby and Liam were just a few weeks old and they come over so I think we might be starting a tradition.  Scott smoked 2 turkeys and Mark fried 2 turkeys.  I have never had a fried turkey and boy that was YUMMY!!!  Nikki and I decided that no ones favorite side dish would be left out.  So we cooked them all! 
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potato Casserole
Broccoli Casserole
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing
Rolls
Gravy
4 Turkeys
All of this for 4 adults, 2 children and 2 toddlers!!  The kids combined only ate about the size of 1 adult plate.  Needless to say we had a ton of leftovers. 

We topped it off with wine, beer, apple crisp and brownie pie!!!  Love having Mark, Nikki, and Liam over.  No feelings of needing to entertain.  Im not even sure Mark ever changed out of his "turkey frying" clothes!  I loved it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment