Monday, August 13, 2012

Slime

Trying to make use of all this pinning that I am obsessed with on Pinterest.  Found a recipe for making slime or Colby says it feels just like "mars mud'.  Just a little bit of clear glue, some liquid starch and a few drops of food coloring to get this stretchy gooey blob. 

The kids thought it was hilarious and lots of fun! Its a must try if you want to make your children smile and if you need just a few minutes to yourself :-)!

Making the slime

All ready to go

Already mixed it into a big pile

Oh look mommy!!

Stretchy

Making a spider web

How long will it stretch

So fun

Abby's worm


Here is the site I found how to make this fun and slimy mess.  http://tottreasuresnorthbay.blogspot.com/2012/06/slime.html

In the end my most adventurous child decided to see what it would be like to put the slime in his hair! From the kitchen I hear "look Colby its in my hair".  It took me a few seconds to register what he said and really thought there was no way he would put this in his hair.  Well I was wrong and here is what I found.....


A long shower and some Dawn Dish washing soap (thanks mom for the idea) got this mess right out! I have to admit I was a little mad at first but within seconds I was cracking up.  Reality is worse things could happen and this just made another great memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment