Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dylans 3rd Birthday Party

His actual birthday isnt for a few weeks but had his party early. Daddy and I decided that a garbage truck and recycling theme would be fun. I will admit I did not come up with the ideas all by myself but had a blast decorating. For about a week and a half I collected empty boxes, juice containers, drink cup from resturants, applesauce and fruit cup containers, you name it I saved it to throw all over the playgroud area.


I made flowers out of cardboard boxes and used yogurt cups/fruit cup containers as the center (sprayed paint them yellow).


His happy birthday banner was made from magazine covers and then a picture of Nana and Papas garbage man holding a sign that said Happy Birthday Dylan.



On the tablecloths I used green as the main then cut a long road from a black tablecloth. Daddy made houses from construction paper and the driveways were newspaper. The kids table the food was in trash cans and we had die cast garbage trucks from Waste Management.



Daddy and I made Dylans cake. It was fun working together to decorate a garbage truck. I have to say I am quite proud of our efforts.


For party favors I gave each child a Trash Talker T-Shirt (boys were whit and girls were pink) and made bottle cap magnets. Here is a picture of Dylan with his shirt on.


All the kids had a blast.












Singing happy Birthday and Opening Presents









The fun that 2 (almost)one year olds can find at a birthday party.....

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Dylan! The truck cake is fascinating. I think outdoor venues in Chicago are the best for a kid’s birthday celebration. This party looks like great fun. He is very cute, God bless him. It is my daughter’s first birthday next month. Can you help me with a good theme?

    ReplyDelete