Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nikki's "Nicole's" Baby Shower


Nikki is due with baby # 2 a week before I am with her second boy.  She tried to say that she didn't need a shower since she was having the same sex but I refused to take No for an answer.  I called her friends Shannon and Laura who graciously jumped in to help celebrate her and Declan.  Nikki was planning my "sprinkle" and we coincidentally booked our showers at the same place.  Saturday we were at Elizabeth's Tea Room for me and then Sunday back again for more!!  Good thing the food was good :-).

Shannon & Laura were so easy to work with.  I loved that they wanted this shower to be as special as if Nicole was having her first baby (just the way it should be).  Since Elizabeth's Tea Room was doing all the food and drinks & cupcakes were coming from Cupcake Girls all three of us wanted to put some personal touches to the shower.  Laura did a great job with the flowers (so good I copied the idea for Lynn's shower), blue pacifiers for the table, balloons, and plates/napkins for dessert.  Shannon made a blanket for Declan that we used for the cupcake table for decoration and bought a sweet book that we all signed for Declan.  I made a bib, from the same material as blanket, and a small birb cloth.  Not only did we want to make the tea room more boyish but wanted Nikki to have some keepsakes she could use from the shower. 

Cupcake table

Sweet Book for Declan

Cupcakes with toppers bought from Etsy

Awesome flowers picked out by Laura

Another picture of the beautiful flowers

Small pacifiers that we scattered on the table

Nikki and Friends


Nikki and Laura

Laura (Skinny Minnie), Nikki (32 weeks), Janice (31 weeks), & Shannon (31 weeks)

Opening all her great gifts!!


Its been fun going through another pregnancy with Nikki.  Even when she did the happy dance because I gained 6 lbs in a month :-)!  Its going to be so much fun having 2 of my kids the same age as 2 of her kids.  From here on out she is on her own! I will support her and be happy for her as she does this again at least once if not twice.  Just call me the sideline cheerleader from now on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment