Sunday, September 30, 2012

No training wheels


The kids and I went out for a bike ride/run the other day and Dylan was having a hard time.  he was complaining that his legs were hurting.  We have done this route many of times so I knew he either was tired and trying to be difficult or something was going on.  As I watched him ride he seemed to be working harder than he should. So this is what made me think it was time to take the training wheels off. 

Tonight we took a shot at it and within 5 minutes he was riding with no training wheels.  We started off with me holding his seat then I gradually started letting go.  Finally I could tell he was doing it all by himself so I let go completely and off he went.  Once he realized he was doing it he was excited but he quickly did a turn towards the grass to stop himself.  He is so scared of crashing like Colby did shortly after learning.  He needs some practice but he now knows he can do it so no going back!  So proud of him for jumping on and trusting in us that we knew he was ready and that we knew he could do it. 


 




1 comment: