Monday, August 29, 2011

Another Fun Day with the O'Sullivan's

Nikki and I had been trying to plan a day or a night to hang out before our next little bundle of joys arrive into this world.  We decided to join them at their house late in the afternoon for some swimming and Taco Lu take out.  The kids love their pool and love playing with Liam.  Dylan says "I'm a good swimmer at their house!".  One of the first times Dylan really began to swim with his head in the water and further distances was at their house.  Colby had fun playing water basketball and jumping off the wall.  Playing inside is always fun for my kids since Liam has different toys.  Abby was obsessed with the baby swing.  Its going to be fight between her and this new baby we are about to bring into the house. 

Colby and Dylan pulling Abby and Liam around in pool

Pirate Table fun

Abby in swing.  Nikki couldn't stop laughing about this where I am thinking
 "oh no" we are in trouble!!

The men and the kids watching Toy Story


After we ate dinner Nikki and I did a little sewing.  She was helping me embroider on some towels for the kids bathroom.  With a few bumps in the road....needle falling out and hoop popping off....we finally figured it out.  At that point it was late so we decided to pack things up and I would finish the towels at home.  As we were walking out Nikki was acting a little bit weird and once we were outside she says to me "either I just peed on myself or my water broke".  OK...since she was having her c-sec on Thursday there was no actual plan in place.  I told her to go empty her bladder and see if she was still having some leakage.  At this point she wasn't 100% positive so I went home with Scott to put kids down and waited to see if I was going back to stay with Liam.  Doctors told her to come in to be checked out.  They were really sweet and set me up in their room with a movie.  All excited that Baby Declan might be entering the world that evening but then it was a false alarm.  Just glad all was OK and I was able to be there to help. 


Let me just explain this horrible picture of me.  Since Nikki was told to come in and she thought there was a possibility she could be having a baby which meant picture to be taken she showered.  As for me I had not showered after swimming and had plans to go to sleep.  I look like a train just hit me or maybe I always do and am in denial about it!!!

The funny thing about this whole thing was that I kept thinking what if I go into labor while I am here.  We have our plan to call Becky and Trevor to come down til my Aunt can arrive but never was Liam part of the plan.  Was I going to take him home to our house?  What if he would go back to sleep?  Tell Becky "he love Toy Story and Good Luck?" :-) Thank goodness that didn't happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment