Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunch with Grandmommy



Today Grammy took Abby in the morning so I could take the boys to a kickoff for homeschoolers.  After we left we met them at Grandmommy's rehab place to eat Chick-fil-a.  On our way there Colby says to me "I'm glad Grandmommy is still there.  I don't want her to go to heaven.  I will miss her".  Talk about sweet but sad all at the same time.  Thought it was going to be bad enough that I am going to be a basket case when the good Lord takes her.  Didn't know I was going to have to deal with a child understanding it all and feeling sad.  Thank goodness we aren't having to cross that bridge right now. 

While we were there Colby decided he wanted to take pictures with Grammy's camera.  He has never taken pictures before so it was very funny watching him as he would cover the lens and flash with his fingers.  The first one he took was of Grammy and I have to say it was not a good picture at all.  I tried to get her to keep it by saying "but it's his very first picture he has ever taken".  She said "oh well he will have to take another first picture" as she was deleting it.  Then he took one of me and I was in the middle of getting onto Abby and that wasn't such a good picture either and it was deleted too.  Here are some he did take.  Way too cute to see him all excited about his pictures. 






No comments:

Post a Comment