Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Abby's First Day at School




Abby started her little school this morning at Hodges Presbyterian AKA Mothers Morning Out!! Her classroom is called the Toddling Turtles. She will be going Tuesday and Thursdays from 9-12 and then 9-1 after the Christmas holidays.  Both Colby & Dylan went to Christ Episcopal when they were Abby's age.  I didn't do it because I felt I needed more time to myself but so that they could have some interaction with other kids.  I truly believe it helped them learn to share better and learn to clean up when asked to do so. 

I am so thankful that we did VBS at this church (Hodges Presbyterian) and we go to church regularly helping Abby to be very comfortable going into the classroom setting.  The boys kicked, screamed and cried when I dropped them off anywhere....sometimes even at Grammy's house.  Abby just walks in as if she owns the classroom :-)!! 

Thankfully Mrs. Becky works there and can check in on her along with sending me pictures of what she is doing.  I also love the fact that they send home a little report sheet telling us what she liked best (playing on playground, art, blocks and puzzles), what she ate and how much, the time she had her diaper changed, and that she was feeling happy, she was busy, friendly, chatty, and helpful at clean up time (needs to do that at home too). 

Although I miss her when she isn't here these days will be perfect when doing school for the boys and I know she is having fun!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment