Tuesday, August 30, 2011

38 week Appointment and plan for babies arrival

Went to see Dr Barnes for my last and final check up before the baby arrives to join our crazy but fun life! I am still 2 cm dilated and only 50 % effaced so he gave me instructions to walk, swim, and other fun stuff to try and get the ball rolling.  I did acupuncture this afternoon just to see if it could help and plan to walk then swim tomorrow.  If by Saturday we have not gone into labor he wants me to come back to his office for a "check" at 9:00 am.  From there he plans to help things along by breaking my water.  Then we will come home and once contractions start to be 5-6 min apart we will head back to the hospital. 

I have to say I am very nervous for this day since we have always been induced.  Never had to labor at home and time contractions.  WOW!  Hope we don't wait too long and I end up with no epidural :-(! So the next few days could either go by really fast or extremely slow....either way I am very excited to see if we will be bringing home Baby Blake or Baby Teagan (that's what I am calling her...Scott hasn't made a decision). 

No comments:

Post a Comment