Friday, August 26, 2011

Outer Bands of Hurricane Irene








As Hurricane Irene passes by North Florida, about 300 miles off the coast, the beach had some high winds and the waves were about 6 feet. I took the kids out to the beach so they could see the waves. When the wind blew or the clouds became dark they would say "there it is there is the hurricane". There were several people out on the beach doing the same thing we were and several surfers in the ocean catching the waves.

Kids played in the sand, acted like they were surfing, and Abby liked being the lifeguard. I couldn't keep her out of the chair for the lifeguards. I decided to not do school on Fridays but since we were part of a hurricane I thought we could add some science into our day.....what crazy weather can do to our winds, our beaches, and our ocean. Great lesson plan!



Colby testing the water

Abby catching up with the boys

Don't forget me I want to play too

Never mind here comes the water I am out of here

Run away its the ocean....Hurry!!!

"Mama"

Is it still behind me?

Seriously? Do I still need to keep running?

Finally made it to safety.....Mommy!!!

Boys digging...making roads and water parks

I'll just watch from here.
Notice the sign then notice my two boys wanting to take a boogie board out

OK here is what we need to do...it's gotta be simple

Ready

Set

Surprise!!  The water is here :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment