Friday, August 5, 2011

Trying not to worry

I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant and found out 2 weeks baby is not head down!! When Kim, the the lady who does my US, said "Oh are you scheduled for a C-Sec?" I knew exactly why she was asking.  I had the feeling baby was not head down but wasn't sure if that feeling was coming from the fact that Abby was not head down at 32 weeks or where I was feeling kicks.  When I found out Abby was not head down I did not take the news very well.  I cried for 2 weeks......basically I was a basket case :-).  Petrified of having surgery since I have never had a big surgery before in my life.  I quickly posted on Facebook.....32 weeks baby not head down any suggestions?  Many people responded but Shannon recommended me seeing a chiropractor close to home that helped turn all of her babies.  It worked or that is what I believed turned Abby!!

This time since I went in feeling that baby was not head down and I had been seeing the chiropractor some during this pregnancy I did not freak out.  I decided that last time stressing, crying, and letting the thought of a c-sec consume me that this time I would pray about it, try not to worry and go to Dr Huber more consistently.

Two weeks later (34 weeks) I had a regular check up with Dr Barnes and he though the baby's head was still on the right side.....the stress, worry and freaking out is trying to rise above me and take over!!!  I tell myself that it cannot consume me and I have to take it more seriously.  Now I have appts 3 times per week with Dr Huber, doing her pressure point at home, did a few somersaults in the pool a few days ago (read it could help), boys are talking to bottom of my belly (Colby did this when Abby was in my belly), put frozen bag of vegetables at the top of my belly, and "visualizing" as I am told. 

Next appointment and US is Aug 19........

No comments:

Post a Comment